Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy is the term used to describe the area within physiotherapy that focuses on the assessment and treatment of the musculoskeletal system: bones, ligaments, tendons, muscles, discs and neural structures.
Our physiotherapists have completed advanced post-graduate studies in this area to become experts in the accurate diagnosis and comprehensive treatment of musculoskeletal pain and pathology.
The Australian Physiotherapy Association recognizes this advanced area of expertise and enables these physiotherapists to distinguish themselves in the marketplace by acknowledging them as Titled Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists. Their advanced clinical skills help to solve your problem completely and quickly.
Our treatment is “hands-on”, evidence-based and effective. Treatment techniques may include a combination of:
- joint mobilization or manipulation
- sort tissue or myofascial release
- diagnostic ultrasound imaging
- specific and individualized therapeutic exercise prescription
- motor control retraining and core stability strengthening
- advanced neuro dynamic mobilization
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists treat a varied range of conditions:
- neck pain, headaches and arm pain
- low back pain, sciatica and sacroiliac dysfunction
- lower limb: hip, knee and ankle injuries
- upper limb: shoulder impingement, frozen shoulder,
rotator cuff tears and tendonitis, tennis and golfers elbow,
wrist and hand injuries
- fractures and dislocations
- pre and post surgery
- temporomandibluar jaw and face pain
- postural problems
- work related injuries